The new Audi S4 and S4 Avant: At the peak of the model line and the segment
The new Audi S4 and S4 Avant assume top positions in the new A4 family. And they will be leaders in their class – with a newly developed engine, intelligent lightweight design and a package of innovative technologies from the full-size class, especially in terms of their connectivity and driver assistance systems.
Audi has experienced great success with its sporty S models over a period of twenty years. The formula here is cultivated understatement – a modest sporty look plus superior performance plus the quattro permanent all-wheel drive. The brand with the four rings is continuing this philosophy in the new S4 and S4 Avant. Both models are based on the second generation modular longitudinal platform, and they use high-tech in all areas.
From 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) in 4.7 seconds with fuel consumption of 7.3 liters of fuel per 100 km (32.2 U mpg) – the new Audi S4 Sedan as well as the new Audi S4 Avant are advancing to the peak of the competitive field with strong performance and exemplary efficiency. Its newly developed turbo V6 engine outputs 260 kW (354 hp). New solutions in networking and assistance systems round out its features. Audi is transferring many technologies from the full-size class into the mid-size class.
- Newly developed 3.0 TFSI with turbocharging and direct injection,
260 kW (354 hp) of power, 500 Nm (368.8 lb-ft) of torque at a low
1,370 revolutions per minute
- Power increased compared to previous model: 15 kW (21 hp) and
60 Nm (44.3 lb-ft) more torque
- Sports car performance: from 0 to 100 km/h (62.1 mph) in 4.7 seconds
(Sedan), 4.9 seconds (Avant)
- Top efficiency: Audi S4 consumes just 7.3 liters of fuel per 100 kilometer
(32.2 US mpg), and emits 166 grams CO2 per km (267.2 g/mi)
(Avant: 7.5 l/100 km (31.4 US mpg) and 171 g/km (275.2 g/mi))
- Eight-speed tiptronic with fuel-saving freewheeling function is standard
- quattro permanent all-wheel drive with self-locking center differential,
torque vectoring, optional sport differential
- Newly conceptualized, lightweight five-link suspensions at front and rear
- Wheel sizes: 18 to 19 inch
- Aluminum fixed caliper brakes with 350 mm (13.8 in) brake disc diameter
- New electromechanical power steering, dynamic steering as option
- Audi drive select is standard, optional chassis with damper control
- 23 mm (0.9 in) lower ride height than A4 with standard or optional chassis